Monday, July 2, 2007

BLOOD DIAMONDS

If you don't know the plot to this movie, then I'll quickly fill you in: Sierra Leone + War/Violence + Diamonds + Leo as a smuggler + Jen Connelly as a journalist + Djimon Hounsou as the helpless native who needs to save his family, and then in a nutshell you have the movie. Obviously from the three names I've mentioned the film has a very solid acting core with each doing equally impressive performances. The story does fall into some cliches, but also steered away from some cliches I thought it was going to fall into (especially the relationships Leo forms with Jen and Djimon). Hands down this was really a great movie, that addressed an issue that needed to be addressed and did so in a powerful and moving way. The only real glaring fault I see in this film is that I don't see it having the longevity to last and be remembered. I give this film an 7/10, because people will enjoy it when they buy a boxset of Leo's best films in 20 years and remember this film.


7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment