Friday, July 6, 2007

A WOMAN IS A WOMAN

So I'm still stuck in my Nouvelle Vague rut...this time I bring you a review for Godard's third work, first color film and what many call Godard's first "film." His prior two being just movies I guess. People say this is where Godard finds his style which he progresses on throughout his career (which I have yet to explore), but I'm not sure where you can build from here. This film will definetly not be for everyone (I'm certain of that), though I'm not sure what is going through the mids of the people this film isn't for. The movie is a romance, musical comedy and plucks every string so true. This is a film that is made during a time when you could have fun making a movie, and I'm not really sure how much of that happens anymore. I give this film a 10/10, for making me feel utterly depressed at the current state of world cinema. This is a film that makes you think, laugh and conveys a dramatic story in a creative way, what more could you want?


10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment