Wednesday, July 11, 2007

KIKI'S DELIVERY SERVICE

Another gem from the mind of Hayao Miyazaki, thought I'm not sure if its of the same gem quality as the prior two films I had seen by him, Spirited Away (which just has so much more depth) and My Neighbor Totoro (which just has more creativity). Kiki's Delivery Service does stand on its own though as a brilliant and unique children's anime movie that will also appeal to adults. Everything in the film is what I've come to expect from Miyazaki it just doesn't seem to have the extra spark which the prior two films have. If this had been the first film I'd seen by him then perhaps I would've been more impressed, though I guess for all the stuff I'm saying thats putting the film down I should reassure you that the film is good and worth seeing. I give this film an 7/10, if for the sole fact that it has Phil Harthman doing the english voice over for Jiji the cat, each line he said got a laugh from my brother and I just because it was Phil Hartman voicing a cat.


7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment