Thursday, June 21, 2007

PARIS JE T'AIME

A collection of 18 short stories about love and paris and of course vampires staring an impresive array of actors (Natalie Portman, Elijiah Wood, Steve Buschemi, Juliette Binoche, Willem Dafoe, etc.) and an equally impressive lineup of driectors (Wes Craven, Gus Van Sant, Alexander Payne, Alfonso Cuaron, Coen Brother, etc.). The film runs the gamut of types of characters, forms of love and places in Paris which are explored. My only really complaint would be that there was a lot of brilliance in the film that I feel I personally missed out on due to the fact that I have never been to Paris and don't know any French. For example the story of the nanny and the baby didn't make much sense to me because I didn't know any french, but according to Jessi the nanny sings a different song to her own child then to the child she is nannying, which makes a drastic difference in how i interpreted the story. I give this film a an 6/10, for showing some beautiful moments.


6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment