Tuesday, May 29, 2007

DELTA OF VENUS

For those of you who know Anais Nin then you will probably know to expect a lot of sex when seeing this movie. For others, prepare yourself. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I actually really liked this film, though if you go to rottentomatoes, you will see a score of 0%. While I still would prefer reading Nin to seeing her on the screen, I believe her charm and poetry is captured for the most part in the film adaption. While their is a lot of sex, I don't think it ever reaches the point of being unnecessary or purely for shock. You pass throught the film like a dream, meeting characters along the way and then seeing them drift away, only to eventually be shattered by the start of WWII. In a similiar fashion to Moulin Rouge, this film paints a time period that is very difficult to do, and won I personally would adore to visit, if not for the start of WWII. I give this film a 8/10, for being the scandelous baby of The Dreamers and The Notebook.


8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment